The Canadian Immigration Minister, Ahmed Hussen, and the Portuguese Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, José Luís Carneiro, signed a new bilateral Youth Mobility Agreement between Canada and Portugal this past Thursday.
This new agreement will open new channels of exchange between young Canadians and Portuguese. Starting in 2019, it will allow Canadian and Portuguese youth ages 18-35 to work and travel through the following International Experience Canada (IEC) categories: Working Holiday, International Co-op and Young Professional.
It will be an opportunity for up to 2,000 young Portuguese people to travel and work in Canada for a year, while 2,000 young Canadians will be able to travel and work in Portugal for the same duration.
Source: see link below
- New Presidency of the World Council of Houses of the Azores is the House of the Azores of Bermuda
- Create a network between associations and the political world of California
- Theater in Canada promotes Portuguese language
- 270 years of the Azorean presence in Santa Catarina 1748 – 2018
- Reception to the members of the 21st World Council of Houses of the Azores, in the House of Rio Grande do Sul – Gravataí / RS