The Canadian Immigration Minister, Ahmed Hussen, and the Portuguese Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, José Luís Carneiro, signed a new bilateral Youth Mobility Agreement between Canada and Portugal this past Thursday.
This new agreement will open new channels of exchange between young Canadians and Portuguese. Starting in 2019, it will allow Canadian and Portuguese youth ages 18-35 to work and travel through the following International Experience Canada (IEC) categories: Working Holiday, International Co-op and Young Professional.
It will be an opportunity for up to 2,000 young Portuguese people to travel and work in Canada for a year, while 2,000 young Canadians will be able to travel and work in Portugal for the same duration.
Source: see link below
- 10 Azores Fest challenges 10 national and international chefs with the best of the Azores
- Micaelian businessman honored in the USA
- Azorean firefighters win 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in the National Championship of Trauma and Detention
- Santo Cristo festivities exchange plastic for biodegradable materials
- Portugal among countries where immigration is “particularly important”