Renata Brum honored by the Federation of Portuguese-Canadian Businesspeople and Professionals

Renata Brum honored by the Federation of Portuguese-Canadian Businesspeople and Professionals
Renata Brum was born in Rabo de Peixe, and became a Judge in Canada “I came to Canada at the age of four … and my studies gave me a successful career”
She is 50 years old and is one of the most well-known personalities of the Azorean community in that country, of whom the Diaspora is very proud. She has just been honored by the Federation of Portuguese-Canadian Entrepreneurs and Professionals, in a ceremony attended by dozens of guests. According to Millennium Stadium in Toronto, Michelle Jorga, President of the Federation, began by highlighting the fact that 50% of the Federation’s leadership consists of women. “I have a degree in law and I currently hold a position in Jewell Radimisis Jorge Advogados. Today half the law students are women and this is incredible, “she said. Judge Renata Brum, who holds a master’s degree in criminology and a master’s degree in theology with five children and a divorcee from a humble family, says her immigrant experience is the key to her success. “I came to Canada at the age of four and when we arrived my brother was run over in front of the house. My mother did not speak English and had to memorize the way to visit him to the hospital. In the wallet she had a paper with our address in case she got lost. This and other experiences have shaped my personality and allowed me to achieve the life I have now, “she said. Renata Brum tells her story to new immigrants to alert them to the importance of learning English. “When I showed my parents a 96% test they asked me where the other 4% were. They had only attended completed grade 4th, but they always encouraged me to study and have a successful career. ”
Source: Diário Açores dia 25.03.2018

Published on 26 March, 2018