At age 11, José Manuel Almeida Sousa left the Vila de Agua de Pau, Lagoa county, with the family, to Bermuda. He started working there and was able to set up his own gardening business that turned out well. Today, as it counts, it has one of the largest companies in area in Bermuda. However, it always has its homeland in the heart, reason why decided to bet 19 years ago on the construction of a gas pump. A bet that, despite the initial difficulties, was won. Recently, the gasoline pump underwent remodeling works and enlargement that were inaugurated last Sunday. José Sousa tells the That the investments in Água de Pau are not going to stay here, having already in mind a another project related to tourism.
- Micaelense teaches music in China
- Feast of São Martinho of the House of the Azores of Ontario
- There is “much more interest” in learning Portuguese in California
- From the photograph of an Azorean was born the book “The Tenth Island”
- 13th Azorean Cultural Meeting “Azorean commercial occupation in the urban space of Rio de Janeiro”