As part of the celebrations of the 65th anniversary of Emigration to Canada, the Association of Azorean Emigrants (AEA) will hold conferences related to the theme at the Ribeira Grande Theater (Ribeira Grande, island of São Miguel), on Monday June 15th, starting at 7:30 p.m.).
During the meeting will be honored Duarte Mendes and Alzira Silva, former responsible for the folder of Emigration and Communities in regional governments led by Mota Amaral and Carlos César, respectively. Three academic emigrants will be speakers at the meeting: José Carlos Teixeira, a professor at the University of British Columbia, and Sara Vieira, a doctoral student at the same university in Vancouver, and Nisa Remígio, a researcher at Concordia University in Montreal. Speeches will also be made by Suzanne Cunha, president of the Casa dos Açores do Ontario, and the author of the book “From One Island to the Other – Fragments of Memory”, José Luís Jácome. The “65 Years of Emigration to Canada”
The conference will be animated by the AJURPE Theater Group and will have a tasting of regional products. Admission is free, but subject to prior registration at email@example.com or by 91 447 05 20. You can consult the complete program here on our website.
- Luso-American Foundation wants to boost scientific cooperation with the Azores
- Seminar “The Madeira and Azorean emigration to Hawaii. Contributions for the study. “
- Portugal wants to attract more teenagers of emigrants to higher education
- Azores and Santa Catarina highlight education and culture in strengthening the Azorean identity
- Loquat liqueur from “Cooperativa Celeiro da Terra” wins silver medal in national competition