Day of the Azores was celebrated by CANI The House of the Azores of New England, based in Fall River. The program began with the intonation of the hymns of the USA, Portugal and the Autonomous Region of the Azores, followed by an intervention by Francisco Viveiros, president of CANI, followed by an exhibition of the audiovisual documentary “History of the Azores”. A trio from the Bruma Islands music group performed some songs from the popular Azorean songbook, followed by a cocktail that was served to all those present. The young lusodescendente Nicole Arruda exhibited a collection of photographs about the Azores in a different perspective and showing other characteristics of the landscape and the life of the Azoreans.
Source: Diário Açores – 17 de Junho 2018. www.diariodosacores.pt
- Azores as a region of opportunity in the 3rd Meeting of Investors of the Diaspora
- Proof of Life for pensioners at the Consulate of Portugal and Casa dos Açores in New England
- Portuguese Emigrant in California invests one million euros in restaurant on Pico Island
- The most recent emigration from the Azores to Canada has a face: it is young and feminine
- Joe Serôdio, State Representative of East Providence, on a visit to the Association of Azorean Emigrants