Day of the Azores was celebrated by CANI The House of the Azores of New England, based in Fall River. The program began with the intonation of the hymns of the USA, Portugal and the Autonomous Region of the Azores, followed by an intervention by Francisco Viveiros, president of CANI, followed by an exhibition of the audiovisual documentary “History of the Azores”. A trio from the Bruma Islands music group performed some songs from the popular Azorean songbook, followed by a cocktail that was served to all those present. The young lusodescendente Nicole Arruda exhibited a collection of photographs about the Azores in a different perspective and showing other characteristics of the landscape and the life of the Azoreans.
Source: Diário Açores – 17 de Junho 2018. www.diariodosacores.pt
- Luso-American Foundation wants to boost scientific cooperation with the Azores
- Seminar “The Madeira and Azorean emigration to Hawaii. Contributions for the study. “
- Portugal wants to attract more teenagers of emigrants to higher education
- Azores and Santa Catarina highlight education and culture in strengthening the Azorean identity
- Loquat liqueur from “Cooperativa Celeiro da Terra” wins silver medal in national competition