Artistic manifestation of a popular nature, where the performing arts through dance, theater, music and costume, combined with gastronomy, express and demonstrate the identity feeling long rooted in the soul of Terceira. The performances are free, dragging on until dawn, and the audience fills the 38 theaters of the island to applaud and laugh, since most of the demonstrations have a comic content and, often, with social criticism.
This year more than 60 groups are expected: sword dances, tambourine dances, bailinhos or comedies.
Published on 19 February, 2020
- 10 years of the Azorean Emigration Association
- BERMUDA: AN ARCHIPELAGO TO WHERE MANY AZOREANS HAVE EMIGRATED !!
- ISLAND OF SÃO JORGE: A BIG AZOREAN ISLAND !!
- PETER FRANCISCO: A HERO FROM THE ISLAND OF TERCEIRA IN THE US AMERICAN WAR OF INDEPENDENCE !!
- FÉLIX DE FREITAS TRIGUEIRO: AN EMIGRANT FROM THE ISLAND OF FLORES IN CALIFORNIA!