The Deputy Regional Secretary of the Presidency for External Relations announced in Ponta Delgada the annual meeting of the Metropolis International Steering Committee on the island of São Miguel in March 2019, emphasizing that it is an organization with members from all over the world and which will hold this meeting on its strategic reference, namely “on migration policies and integration and intercultural issues”.
The coming of this event to the Region follows the active participation of the Government of the Azores at the world conferences of Metropolis – the world’s largest conference on migration, bringing together academics, government representatives and civil society – as was the case at the last meeting, which was held in November in Sydney, Australia, under the theme ‘Global Migration in Turbulent Times’, after which the selection of the Azores came from the candidates to host this meeting next year.
Correio dos Açores, August 23rd, 2018, p.14
- Seminar “The Madeira and Azorean emigration to Hawaii. Contributions for the study. “
- Portugal wants to attract more teenagers of emigrants to higher education
- Azores and Santa Catarina highlight education and culture in strengthening the Azorean identity
- Loquat liqueur from “Cooperativa Celeiro da Terra” wins silver medal in national competition
- Azores Government promotes photography contest in the diaspora