The Autonomous Region of the Azores was the region of the country that presented the largest reduction of population through the migratory component (-0.57%) between 2016 and 2017, confirmed the INE.
Between 2016 and 2017, the Lisbon Metropolitan Area was the only NUTS II region where the population increased (0.44%). On the other hand, the Alentejo (-0.86%), the Autonomous Region of the Azores (-0.58%) and the Center (-0.56%) were the regions with the highest population declines.
Diário dos Açores, December 21st, 2018, p.2
Photo: FADIR – UFMS
- Seminar “The Madeira and Azorean emigration to Hawaii. Contributions for the study. “
- Portugal wants to attract more teenagers of emigrants to higher education
- Azores and Santa Catarina highlight education and culture in strengthening the Azorean identity
- Loquat liqueur from “Cooperativa Celeiro da Terra” wins silver medal in national competition
- Azores Government promotes photography contest in the diaspora