This past weekend, there was another meeting between the migrants from Rio Grande do Sul and their countrymen from the Azores, especially Osvaldo Cabral, honored this year, as well as the presence of the representative of the Parish Board of the Matriz, André Mendonça and of Cátia Sousa, representative of the Municipality of Ribeira Grande.
Also the Association of Azorean Emigrants was present in the Meeting to announce the Project of the Square of the Emigrant to be inaugurated in 2019 in Ribeira Grande.
Good to all who annually help and perpetuate these Meetings.
Alfredo da Ponte’s Photos
- Seminar “The Madeira and Azorean emigration to Hawaii. Contributions for the study. “
- Portugal wants to attract more teenagers of emigrants to higher education
- Azores and Santa Catarina highlight education and culture in strengthening the Azorean identity
- Loquat liqueur from “Cooperativa Celeiro da Terra” wins silver medal in national competition
- Azores Government promotes photography contest in the diaspora