This past weekend, there was another meeting between the migrants from Rio Grande do Sul and their countrymen from the Azores, especially Osvaldo Cabral, honored this year, as well as the presence of the representative of the Parish Board of the Matriz, André Mendonça and of Cátia Sousa, representative of the Municipality of Ribeira Grande.
Also the Association of Azorean Emigrants was present in the Meeting to announce the Project of the Square of the Emigrant to be inaugurated in 2019 in Ribeira Grande.
Good to all who annually help and perpetuate these Meetings.
Alfredo da Ponte’s Photos
- Micaelense teaches music in China
- Feast of São Martinho of the House of the Azores of Ontario
- There is “much more interest” in learning Portuguese in California
- From the photograph of an Azorean was born the book “The Tenth Island”
- 13th Azorean Cultural Meeting “Azorean commercial occupation in the urban space of Rio de Janeiro”