This year we organized the 7th edition of the Emigrant Golf Tournament from 5 to 7 October 2018.
For the first time we will honor an Azorean who has excelled by the practice of Golf. This year we honor mr. Serafim Costa, native of Furnas, São Miguel.
He was born in 1954 and emigrated to the United States in 1980, trying to follow the dream of playing in the PGA.
In the Azores he worked in the field of Furnas where he earned $ 3,500, earning, before emigrating, $ 7,500. It began by carrying the material of the golfers and whenever it could there hit some balls, until the taste became a passion.
In about three years playing, he became the best player in Micaelense, even giving lessons in Golf after having had the opportunity to accompany a teacher from the Continent.
In his career as a golfer, he is still the only Azorean to win the Open TAP 1979, played in Lisbon and Algarve. He won individually and collectively was the island of St. Michael who also won.
He was also the winner for four consecutive years in the Tournaments and Cups played on Terceira and São Miguel island.
In the United States he worked in several places, until he was able to work in the area of Golf on a golf course.
The homage to mr. Serafim Costa will be on October 7 at the Batalha Golf Course.
- New Presidency of the World Council of Houses of the Azores is the House of the Azores of Bermuda
- Create a network between associations and the political world of California
- Theater in Canada promotes Portuguese language
- 270 years of the Azorean presence in Santa Catarina 1748 – 2018
- Reception to the members of the 21st World Council of Houses of the Azores, in the House of Rio Grande do Sul – Gravataí / RS