The azoreans Joe Serodio (elected deputy) and Robert Silva (Mayor of East Providence) are the most prominent Azorean names sworn in US politics. According to the Portuguese Times “José Manuel Serôdio, a natural emigrant of Povoação, S. Miguel, and for many years one of the owners of the well-known travel agency America Travel, East Providence, who comes to this island every year, Serodio was elected with a margin of 12 votes over his opponent, Val Lawson.
- New Presidency of the World Council of Houses of the Azores is the House of the Azores of Bermuda
- Create a network between associations and the political world of California
- Theater in Canada promotes Portuguese language
- 270 years of the Azorean presence in Santa Catarina 1748 – 2018
- Reception to the members of the 21st World Council of Houses of the Azores, in the House of Rio Grande do Sul – Gravataí / RS