The Mayor of Ribeira Grande, Alexandre Gaudêncio, expressed “concern that the new generations are emigrating to Canada without documentation”, revealing the autarchy’s openness to “help these people.”
Alexandre Gaudêncio, who spoke during the 15th Ribeiragrandense’s Meeting, in Bramtpon, (Canada), where he established “several contacts” for the purpose of putting this topic under discussion, stated that “we met with several businessmen and union representatives to see what can be done in the sense of fighting the illegal emigration”, explaining that “they are young people who emigrate in search of better living conditions but without documentation. It is a reality that is happening nowadays and to which we can not remain indifferent”, said quoted in a note of the municipality.
Açoriano Oriental Newspaper, October 22nd, 2018
- Micaelense teaches music in China
- Feast of São Martinho of the House of the Azores of Ontario
- There is “much more interest” in learning Portuguese in California
- From the photograph of an Azorean was born the book “The Tenth Island”
- 13th Azorean Cultural Meeting “Azorean commercial occupation in the urban space of Rio de Janeiro”