In this year 2019, the Association of Azorean Emigrants will celebrate the 80th anniversary of the birth of the first Military Airfield on the island of São Miguel, Santana – Rabo de Peixe. Although it started as an airstrip in support of the Allies in World War II, it would be better known in the memory of the Azoreans by the Airport where hundreds and hundreds of families set off on the way to Santa Maria Island to embark on the International Airport and international companies for emigration routes in the American continent.
Find out why it was known for Aero Cows and other curiosities. More details soon.
We accept all contributions to this great exhibition (photographs, documents, videos …).
- “Absolute” national debut of the documentary “Portuguese in Hawaii” scheduled for April 27 in Madeira
- Azores Trail Run has already attracted 1,000 foreigners to the Azores
- Photographer Pete Souza visits the Azores
- Archipelago was dubbed “The Atlantic Hawaii”
- Azorean presence in Hawaii is a reason for “pride”