The V Emigrant Cup / Golf Tournament, it’s confirmed for 2016 The Association of Azorean Emigrants and the organizing team for this event meet regularly to work on the preparation and plan this tournament. Our objective is to encourage the emigrants to come together with their families, friends and descendants and practice Golf, approaching the Diaspora communities and the Azores.
The Association of Azorean Emigrants has celebrated their fifth anniversary This Association aims to have an international dimension, covering the entire Diaspora. We continue to work towards our goals, among which are the support to emigrants and service to our land. We are open to new challenges and we intend to be a bridge, a facilitator between the Diaspora and the motherland.
The Association is collaborating with the Radio Voice of the Emigrant in Fall River, with our associate and journalist Maria de Lourdes, on an educational support project for some of the schools in S.Miguel.
Every year the Association has been working and has been present at The Thanksgiving Lunch in Ponta Delgada. An initiative of the Regional Government, through the Regional Directorate for Communities, in partnership with the Office of the Bristol County Sheriff.
The Association of Azorean Emigrants has Signed protocols with 11 Houses of Azores in the Diaspora: House of Azores in Lisbon, Algarve, North, New England, Hilmar, Ontario, Quebec, Winnipeg, Santa Catarina, Rio Grande do Sul and Rio de Janeiro.
The Emigrant Cup is organized by this Association, with the support of the Regional Government and with the collaboration of SATA, Golf Club of S. Miguel and Ilhas de Valor. A project that aims to gather the emigrants with their Families, Friends and Descendants in the conviviality of golf experience and at the same time promote the Azores destination.
The Association signed protocols of cooperation with ARRISCA, Tourism Association of Ribeira Grande, Municipality of Lagoa and RTP Azores.
The AEA was in collaboration with the Migration Festival Event in June 2015 at Sete Cidades in S. Miguel.
The Association of Azorean Emigrants has met with several local entities, city councils and other social and cultural service organizations in S. Miguel.
AEA is working with the City of Ribeira Grande, in the Earth’s Missing Project. Thereby continuing the mutual collaboration between the Association and the Ribeira Grande to serve the emigrant community both in the Azores and in the Diaspora.
The Association has a stone plate on Stanley Park in Vancouver, as one of the collaborations in the project (Shore to Shore)
Ceremony Tribute to Portuguese Joe (Shore to Shore). The Association of Azorean Emigrants attended and collaborated in the tribute project to Portuguese Joe in Vancouver.
– Participation in International Symposium on Human Rights and Quality of Life in the Community of Portuguese speakers in the United States and Canada.
– Participation in the Metropolis 2011
– Participation in the World Council of Houses of the Azores, (Rio de Janeiro) and Cultural Week in Toronto.
– Participation in the II Meeting of Returned Emigrants – Terceira Island
– Inform and promote the Association: Meetings in Parishes of the Azores aims to promote and attract members. Awareness campaign to the Communities, the island of Sao Miguel; Travel to Central Group (Terceira, S. Jorge, Graciosa, Faial and Pico) and Flores. These visits will coincide with the festivities of Emigrants in these localities.